Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What to call this one... Life? Good? Blessings?

Can I just tell you how amazingly blessed I am? I grew up with my best friends; my family. I could tell my parents anything and everything knowing that they would never judge me or love me any less. My brothers teased me mercilessly and I knew that was their way of saying I love you. I grew up knowing who I was, never doubting for a minute that my Heavenly Father loved me and believed in me. I fell in love with the man dreams are made of. My daddy raised me to settle for nothing less than being treated like a princess and that's precisely what Chris does. He's my best friend. I wish there was a stronger word than love. It seems too cliche for what I feel about him. Now, feeling how blessed I am, why me? When there are so many people out there who are scared of their fathers, or husbands, or making ends meet, or feeling so alone they wish they were anyone else. More than anything, I would love to help someone be happy they are who they are. I hope someday when I'm a mother, that I can raise my kids to be themselves. I want them to be comfortable with who they are. I want them to feel like they're loved every second of the day. I want them to be good people. And I want them to know that being good isn't hard. All you have to do is be kind. Smile, say sincerely nice things, always think the best of people, be optimistic. Be happy. Being good is being genuinely happy. And when you're happy, it's easy to be good. That's really all I want from life. Just to be good.

1 comment:

  1. Annie, we have so much in common!!!!
    I could've written this post! LOL
    Plus, the sentence about the Hokey Pokey has been my profile sentence on a website forever!
    I really like your blog!
    When are you guys moving to Spokane?

    ReplyDelete