Friday, May 22, 2009

Holy Crow!

You guys! I'm so dang excited! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Ok, let me slow down for a New York Minute. For such a long time I've wanted to write a book. I love writting and I love books. What could be a more perfect thing for me? However, I've been struggling with WHAT to write about. Of course I have lots of personal stories that mean a lot to me, but how do you sell a book about a 21 year old mormon girl that's had a pretty much normal life? ZZzzzz... Ya... don't think that would be a best seller. So I had an "AHA!"

moment today while I was driving to work. I want something that will appeal to a large audience (think Twilight) and something I can tie in with my personal experiences, of course (makes for easier writting). So here is what I came up with in the car. A cute college girl falls in love with a handsome college boy. Big deal right? Here comes the twist.... He's an undercover secret agent for the government, posing as a student while trying to bust a ring of proffesors gone bad! BOOM!!

Did your brain just explode? I know, I know. I'm just good. It doesn't sound that crazy right now, but I promise, it will be so great. Here's what I want it to be: Romantic, suspensful, FUNNY, and somehow for it to develop into a series that women across the world will be skinning librarians to get their manicured hands on! Oh and don't you worry, kids. Each of you will get a personally signed copy. From your local bookstore. You silly! Did you really think I'd give out free books? Bah. If I gave them out to all my friends, who would buy them? Think about it.

1 comment:

  1. Annie you are the best!!!!! Go and write that book because I know that you can and it will be the best!!!!! Love you but still mad at Chris..............

    ReplyDelete